Forecourt Trader
Home
Menu

Sickness as fuel escapes

11 January, 2011
Page 7 

Environmental health teams and fire-fighters were called in when over 50 homes were filled with petrol fumes after 600 litres of fuel escaped from a tank at the Total filling station in Glenfield Road, Leicester.

 

Residents were left feeling sick, dizzy and with throat pains with some being physically sick when petrol spilled into the sewage system.

 

Total station owner Saf Kothia apologised to the residents affected and said: "The tank was tested only a week before."